Things you've already done: bold
Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2009 @ 7:38 pm
99 Things Meme
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog. Well, we here call them diaries.
2. Slept under the stars. Lots.
3. Played in a band. Concert band!
4. Visited Hawaii. Maui.
5. Watched a meteor shower. Many!
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. In grade 5.
8. Climbed a mountain. Yes, climbed many a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris. In 2003.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. That would be knitting.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables. The kale grew really, really well.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. I opted for the Musee D’Orsay instead…
20. Slept on an overnight train. This is not nearly as romantic as it sounds.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked. On Saltspring and in Ireland.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Uhh.. only once or twice…
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb. I have helped several ewes give birth… fresh lambs!
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon. Do fun runs count?
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. Well, I saw gondolas in Venice... they looked awkward and boring.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise. No, but I’ve been on several cruise ships while in port…
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. Frozen in the winter.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language. I tried to learn Mandarin a while back…
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. I require more time, not more money.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. I found the Leaning Tower of Pisa table lamps being sold at the site a lot more amusing..
39. Gone rock climbing. Indoors and out.
40. Michelangelo's David in person. Well the replica in the piazza... close enough?
41. Sung Karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. That would be twice now… falling from a bike and then a horse.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person. Long lineup, felt like I was being processed.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. No, it was too expensive. Instead I sat beneath it drinking wine and eating cheese and bread.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. Both. Attemped to get open water certification but had to quit with one dive to go because I couldn’t stand the cold.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Been in a movie. No, but I’ve been on TV!
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. Many a box.
62. Gone whale watching. Well, saw whales from the shore.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood. Yes, but I can’t anymore because of fainting.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a cheque. Whoops. I now know that online banking is on eastern hours…
68. Flown in a helicopter. A couple of times.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. I still sleep with my blankie…
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar. On sushi!
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. In 2003.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. I closed my eyes when the spedo went over 200.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Last year, in the snow!
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican. In 2003.
82. Bought a brand new car. Don’t think I’ll ever buy a new car... I like square cars.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous. I went to school with Sarah Chalke... does that count?
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit. See #46
98. Owned a cell phone. I’m on my second phone, ever. Pay As You Go.
99. Been stung by a bee. TWICE this summer!
Things you've already done: bold