Giving Notice - Friday, Sept. 29, 2017
Tuesday, May. 05, 2009 @ 7:16 pm
1) Who was your FIRST prom date?
Josh. He asked me. We were just friends, as far as I know. I think that I sort of wished for more at the time but was realistic and let it go at friendship.
2) Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
Yes. In fact, he's coming to Victoria in a couple of weeks, and we have arranged to go for a drink. I will most likely document it, as things with Dave are always interesting.
3) What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
I tasted my Dad's beer many times growing up. And wine. And other things. But my first time drinking-drinking was with a Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade. Why why why??!!
4) What was your FIRST job?
Cashier at Save-On. I worked there on and off for several years. I really loved that job, probably a lot more than I should have.
5) What was your FIRST car?
A 1988 beat-up Ford Aerostar. I had a love/hate relationship with it. I also had several guys say that they dated me because of the van, because it was so strange that it made me very intriguing.
6) Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
Daniel, wishing me luck on my economics quiz.
7) Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
I suppose D, when I stretched my legs across him.
8) Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
Mr. McDuffy. He played a banjo. I recently realized that he was very young when he taught us - younger than I am now.
9) Where did you go on your FIRST ride in an airplane?
In 1987, to Ottawa/Hull for my Uncle's wedding.
10) Who was your FIRST best friend and do you still talk?
Carolyn. We've had only the most brief conversations since she broke up with my in grade 8. I hear all about her though, because our mothers are best friends.
11) Where was your FIRST sleepover?
Don't remember, but it was probably with Carolyn.
12) Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
D, when he said goodbye to leave for work.
13) Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
Adrienne's wedding, a couple of summers ago. I was her maid of honour, and I can't say that I entirely enjoyed the whole thing.
14) What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Had a shower.
15) What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
My first real 'adult' concert would have been the Tragically Hip, Phantom Power tour, in 1998.
16) What was the FIRST record/tape?
Matchbox 20 was the first CD that I had. It was given to me, by Julie.
17) FIRST hospitalisation?
When I was a couple of weeks old, I had a surgery for pyloric stenosis.
18) FIRST foreign country you've been to?
Seeing as I grew up an hour from the border, the USA. After that, I flew into London in the summer of 2003.
19) FIRST movie you remember seeing?
Somewhere in the era of Benji or Labyrinth.
20) When was your FIRST detention?
Grade 6. My first and only detention. I forgot my agenda book. The teacher let me go right after the whole class was out of sight.
21) Where did you FIRST meet your spouse/partner now?
At Dundarave in West Vancouver, one September evening.
22) Who was your FIRST roommate?
OMG Kirsten. She was an X-Files fan, and she wrote X-Files fan fiction. She also slept NAKED. She would stay up all night eating Smartfood popcorn, writing fan fic. She thought that land line telephones charged by the minute and tried to get me to pay a larger portion of the bill because I talked for way longer than she did. UGH!!!
23) What did you do with your FIRST paycheque?
Excitedly stashed it away in a GIC.